I’ve been doing a bit of tinkering with Inkscape again. Finally finished a variant of the Sanborn Fire Insurance plat map for the town of Delta, Colorado circa 1890. The pictured version has been converted from the vector format along with an added background image. The original SVG file can be downloaded as well.
Delta was originally a trading post for Ute Indians and the new settlers from the east. Delta is situated where the Uncompahgre and Gunnison Rivers come together on the Western Slope of Colorado. The town grew up near Fort Uncompahgre, which was founded in 1828 well before the city itself.
I discussed the Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps in a prior post. Many cities and towns throughout the United States are available.
Map Usage: Map is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike CC BY-SA license.
More tinkering with Inkscape for producing floor plans. This week features a corner convenience store; something akin to a stand-alone corner shop like a 7-11.
Still working on making the original SVG files available.
Tinkering with Inkscape. Simple floor plan of a large detached garage. Pondering a few floor plans in the new year.
If you were to scavenge, you might find:
- Mechanics Tools
- 7 Gallons of Kerosene
- Honda Accord
- Boat, 19′, Fish and Ski
- 15 Boxes of 12 Gauge Skeet Ammo (375 Shells)
- 3 Radio Controlled Helicopters and Parts
- Refrigerator with 1.3 cases of beer and two dozen bait worms
- Snow blower
- High Octane, Leaded Racing Gas, 13 gallons
- Motorcycle, Honda Valkyrie
- Oil, Lubricants, and maintenance items
- Pneumatic Air Nailer and Builder Supplies
- 1 KW Generator
- 27 empty 22 ounce bottles
- Four year old laptop
- Large Cabin Style Tent w/ Broken Pole
- Dashboard Style 12V Solar Charger
- Two Propane Cylinders, 15 lb. Partially Full
- Homemade Beer Brewing Table, w/ 3 Burners (LPG)
- Resin Skull, with motion activated glowing eyes
[Wordpress thwarts me. No SVG support. Then images that go from large to small, to original. Meh.]