Somehow I missed including The Blasphemous Brewery of Pilz! in the Labyrinth Lord Module List. My oversight has been corrected bringing the total list up to 56 modules.
Something has happened to the delicious beer in Shattenberg! None of the residents have seen the brewing monks for weeks and the tavern masters are oddly silent. Where once it was a delicious and creamy blend of mountain mushroom-based stout, it now offers an odd coppery taste and costs twice as much. For a small mining and farming town on the edge of the wilderness, this is a tragedy. Now rumors have begun circulating that hideous creatures gathered to the north are somehow the cause. The players are hired to investigate and, if possible, remedy the problem.
Geared at Character Levels 3-7.
Finally getting over the sinus crud. Here are three newer releases for the LL crowd…
- An Echo, Resounding: A Source Book for Lordship and War from Sine Nomine Publishing
- In this Labyrinth Lord-compatible guidebook you’ll learn the arts of war and kingly rule in the untamed borderlands. Referees will find all the tools they need to build a savage land of adventure and bloody struggle, carving the foundations of empire into the very bones of their campaign. Players will find new talents as Champions of their lands, fighting for a noble cause or struggling to establish a beacon of light in the wilderness. And together, both will find new tools for domain management to bring the red-edged games of kings and princes within the grasp of fiercer souls!
- In the Shadow of Mount Rotten from Faster Monkey Games
- A crafty Foot Goblin, maybe, or a vicious Warg Rider. Or a town-building Hearth Orc or a Troll Driver or a lowly Saltjack or a Goblin Eater Hob, or one of the many other Rotlander folk, striving to survive and bring glory to your home tribe in a land too harsh for humans to claim. With three new character classes, eight different tribe types, and hundreds of hexes of dangerous territory to explore, In the Shadow of Mount Rotten gives you everything you need for adventures of a very different kind.
- The Virtuous and the Vile: Morithal, Lord of Unceasing Hunger from Clockwork Gnome Publishing
- Since the beginning of time, the Maggot God has burrowed his way through the earth, indulging a hunger that can never be satiated. Morithal is an artifact from another time, a being who survived the fall of one multiverse and the birth of another. Cursed with a unending desire to consume, He Who Gnaws has hollowed out vast caverns beneath the earth and these have become the subterranean realm of the dark elves, derro, and other depraved creatures. Despite his repulsive nature, Morithal’s followers are powerful and many. His cults are everywhere and each of them is tasked with a single goal: to bring about the reign of their god so that he might consume the stars and cast all the worlds of the Material Plane into eternal night. Inspired by the works of classic writers such as H. P. Lovecraft and Clark Ashton Smith, Morithal, Lord of Unceasing Hunger presents an evil cult that can be easily dropped into any campaign.
Both have been added to the Labyrinth Lord resources list.
Added to the module list is the new megadungeon, Barrowmaze by Greg Gillespie. Barrowmaze is a classic old school megadungeon for use with Labyrinth Lord™ and other fantasy role-playing games. (84 pages) Additional resources are available on the supporting website.
Local villagers whisper of a mysterious place deep in the marsh – a place shrouded in mist and dotted with barrow mounds, ruined columns, and standing stones. The tomb-robbers who explore beneath the mounds – or rather the few who return – tell tales of labyrinthine passages, magnificent grave goods, and terrifying creatures waiting in the dark. Are you brave (or foolish) enough to enter the Barrowmaze?
On the supplement front, An Echo, Resounding: A Sourcebook for Lordship and War by Sine Nomine Publishing.
In this Labyrinth Lord™-compatible guidebook you’ll learn the arts of war and kingly rule in the untamed borderlands. Referees will find all the tools they need to build a savage land of adventure and bloody struggle, carving the foundations of empire into the very bones of their campaign. Players will find new talents as Champions of their lands, fighting for a noble cause or struggling to establish a beacon of light in the wilderness. And together, both will find new tools for domain management to bring the red-edged games of kings and princes within the grasp of fiercer souls!
Although broken links are easy to find and track, redirects prove to be a pain. Today, I purged a number of links that no longer point to original resource/topic. The majority of the removed links were within the Labyrinth Lord Resource List although a handful were in individual posts. A few more may disappear after the link list is updated during the normal validation process.
The lords and ladies of Knightvision Games have released a new Labyrinth Lord Module, Heroes of Heirandos. The release is targeted at character levels 1-2 and is available for free. The price is right; Knightvision Games is known for quality material. Why are you still reading this post?
Of course, it is now listed on the Labyrinth Lord Module List. Go forth and adventure.
Yesterday I received my signed copy of the recently released Labyrinth Lord Referee Screen from the Kickstarter project. Unfortunately, the post man decided it needed a curl. No real damage was inflected. The curve will flatten out in time.
I’m impressed with the quality of the screen. The finish is as good and likely better than any other screen I’ve owned. All the pertinent tables are present for easy reference. I’m looking forward to giving it a maiden run.
Okay, okay, they aren’t leaping. They are generating random stuff.
9 months elapsed for the site. 8 different Labyrinth Lord based generators. I’ve exhausted my ideas for new ones for the system but continue to improve them. Rather than list them yet again, you can check the Generator & Utility Menu or read a description of what is available. (The latter didn’t link the Treasure Book of the Day — updated daily).